Posted February 20, 2018 05:17:36 I’m not sure how many of us are going to be able to put on a smile at the end of the week, but there’s one thing you can do to keep your smile alive.
Take a quick look at this article.
You may not agree with all of it, but you can’t help but be excited about it.
And while you’re doing that, remember the ones that aren’t that special.
I know it’s a daunting task, but just take a moment to admire this list of some of the best and most memorable quotes from the past week.
I’m going to go ahead and list all of the quotes, but if you’re not into the whole story, feel free to skip ahead.
LeBron James: “It’s so important to do what you love.
It’s really hard to keep doing what you want when it’s not the right thing.
You have to have that passion to do it, because otherwise, you just do what everybody else is doing.”
– LeBron James, on being a pro at 25 2.
John Cena: “I was always going to get a shot.
That was my dream, and I never wanted to quit.
You’re not going to quit, you’re going to keep going.”
– John Cena, on his wrestling career 3.
Michael Jordan: “You never know what the future holds.
You know what you’re supposed to do, but what you don’t know is that the other side of that is going to want you to do that and want to take you there.”
– Michael Jordan, on getting a job after retirement 4.
Kobe Bryant: “If I’m playing for my team, I’m trying to win.”
– Kobe Bryant, on the importance of playing for his team 5.
Vince Lombardi: “There is a lot of money to be made.
If you’re a professional, you’ve got to earn it.”
– Vince Lombard, on what he paid for his retirement gear 6.
Kobe: “When I was a kid, I loved sports, and there’s always a place for sports in life.
You can always do something else.
You just gotta put in the work and get the credit.”
– Lakers rookie Kobe Bryant 7.
Jimmy Butler: “The game is a game.
It ain’t about the numbers.
It might be about how good you are at it.”
— Jimmy Butler, on playing for the Timberwolves 8.
Kevin Durant: “Every game is different.
Every game is special.”
– Kevin Durant, on coming to the NBA after being drafted ninth overall by the Golden State Warriors 9.
Tom Brady: “Just don’t give up.
You don’t have to give up, you have to be strong, you can overcome any adversity.”
– Tom Brady, on overcoming adversity 10.
Shaquille O’Neal: “Nobody can beat me because I’m the best.”
– Shaquan Allen, on battling his injuries 11.
Jason Collins: “Don’t be afraid to be yourself, because you’ll be better off.”
– Jason Collins, on how he approaches his business 12.
Bill Walton: “We have to get back to doing what we do well, and being a good person.
That’s what I do.”
– Bill Walton, on working as a father 13.
Chris Paul: “Never give up.”
– Chris Paul, on winning his second title after losing the first 14.
LeBron Wade: “Everybody is going through their ups and downs.
You gotta have that mindset.
You better be ready.”
– James Wade, on facing adversity, his father, and his hometown 14.
Tim Duncan: “Life is never going to stop.
We can’t stop it.”
— Tim Duncan, on having success 15.
Joe Dumars: “Get to the point where you can handle any situation.”
– Joe Dumas, on coaching the Atlanta Hawks 16.
Tim Tebow: “Always have a plan, and do it the right way.”
– Tim Tebows, on life and basketball 17.
Tom Cruise: “Sometimes the best thing is to have the perfect plan, but the worst thing is when the plan doesn’t work.
The worst thing happens.”
-Tom Cruise, on meeting his wife, Susan, and their son, Tyler 18.
Tim Leiweke: “Do what’s right for your business.
Do what’s best for your team.
And don’t compromise.
Be who you are, and be happy.”
– Leiweks coaching philosophy 19.
Mike Tyson: “Be ready for everything.
Don’t let a bad day go to waste.”
– Mike Tyson, on retiring at 38 20.
Michael Phelps: “A man who loves his family is the greatest thing.”
– Phelps, on giving back to his community 21.
Shaq: “This is